Monday, October 20, 2008

Cobre Loa Wins!!!!!!

I attended my first futbol game yesterday! After an entire day of walking along the river, John, Chris, and I headed to the stadium to watch Cobre Loa (local team for Calama) vs. Colo Colo (one of the most popular teams from Santiago). John received a ticket from a friend...Chris and I had our fingers crossed for scalpers with cheap tickets or extras at the ticket windows. On the Cobre Loa side, tickets were 10 mil ($20)...too rich for our blood. While walking away from the stadium - resigned to the fact that we would only be able to watch the game on tv - one of Chris' teachers passed by and stopped to tell us the Colo Colo side was cheaper. We retraced our steps back around the stadium and found that tickets were only 3 mil ($6)!

Estatic - we raced into the stadium to see the start of the game. The anticipation, energy, and excitement surged through the crowd with each kick. Colo Colo is one of our biggest rivals here in Calama! I'm stoked that my first futbol game was in my home town against one of the best teams in Chile...and we won! I hope you can feel some of the excitement in my photos!

My home town teams seem to be on fire! I have my students and fellow volunteers here excited to watch the Phillies this week and next! Go Phils!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mcatherinelambert/FirstFutbolGameAndRioWalk#

No comments: